Saturday, June 21, 2014

Big fun in Cookeville, TN

Editor's note:  This is probably a post that only friends and family will want to read.  It's all upbeat and adorable, but there's nothing political here.

This is our last full day in Tennessee, vacationing with Nonnie and Poppi, and we've had a great time.  Here are some of the highlights:

Showing off for Nonnie and Poppi
Maybelle scootering with her grandparents.

Maybelle making Nonnie share her chair
Maybelle is in charge of the household.  Every chair is hers,
and she forces my parents to move or to share.  (This was
Maybelle being generous, letting my mom do some computer
work.)

Tickling is one of my dad's gifts.
My dad is truly gifted with the power to tickle anybody
who's ticklish.  No one else can tickle Maybelle the way
my dad can.  She loves it.
And now videos!


Heading off into the wilderness on her scooter June 17, 2014 from Maybelle on Vimeo.

Here's the first moment I realized Maybelle is competent with the scooter my parents bought her.  This video might make you sick to your stomach because it's so shaky, but she's impressive as she heads out away from me.



Scootering in the fountain from Maybelle on Vimeo.

Mom had the excellent idea to encourage Maybelle to scooter in the fountain so that she wouldn't scald her feet on the incredibly hot pavement.

Ah, Cookeville. I had the thought that I might do some work while I was here--and I've done a bit--but it's been far more valuable to hang with Maybelle and my parents.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent scootering! And cookeville seems to have so e beautiful parks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the best park, and it's less than a block from my parents' house, which means it's a place we've gone every day.

      Delete
  2. Really enjoyed this post and videos. There's nothing like family!
    Cathy P Mitchell

    ReplyDelete